Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Out of my boredom, I decided to write
some tips and info’s about OM5.
The browser I usually send my friends
through bluetooth. Today’s post
focuses on Opera Mini 5’s Speed .
1. Browser Boot Up.
This refers to the time the java app
takes until it is fully launched. This
differs through various cellphone
OS/units. In my experience with my
N70,
handler apps with settings windows on
start increases the delay. So a mild fix
I found was to install the midlet in
phone memory.
2. Page Load Time.
This now refers to how fast OM5
renders
a page. Of course, it depends on the
page size, the bigger, the slower.
Things you can do: input in address bar
opera:config and set everything to
“NO” except “fit text
to screen” option, then save. Set
image quality to medium or low for a
not-quality based browsing. Set protocol
to SOCKET when it is available and
working for you. Switch to UMTS or
Dual
Mode if your phone can and your
network
provides it.
3. File System Access.
This refers to the time it takes you
accessing your file system
(uploading/downloading). Of course, the
lesser pop up’s, the faster. This
is solved by using a signed OM or
maybe
hacking through phones security. It
dependes on phone unit. Least I forget,
the downside of OM5, it dont
remembers
previously accessed path..
These are just among simple things
and
info’s you might know or might not
know. Hope you learned something.

No comments:

Post a Comment